The University of Kentucky Center for Appalachian Research in Environmental Sciences (UK-CARES) in partnership with the Center of Excellence in Rural Health (CERH) is excited to announce the Call for Nominations for the 2021 Community Engagement Award in Environmental Health Sciences. The UK-CARES/CERH Community Engagement Award recognizes individuals or community-academic teams who demonstrate outstanding achievement in and commitment to community-engaged research or project evaluation to improve environmental health in Appalachia.
The individual or community-academic team whom you nominate must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Community-engaged environmental health scientist
- Community member engaged in issues to keep the air or water healthy
- Involved in community-academic environmental health-related partnerships
- Demonstrate outstanding community-engaged environmental health science
To submit a nomination please visit: https://goo.gl/iGP4sC
Nominations will be reviewed by an external (non UK-CARES/CERH faculty & staff) panel. The nominees’ name will be removed before nomination forms are sent to the review panel. The nominees’ chance of being selected for the award is based solely on the details provided in the nomination form. Please provide thorough information about the nominee’s work to ensure their best chance of winning the award. Self-nominations are also accepted. Priority will be given to individuals and/or teams working in the Big Sandy, Kentucky River, or Cumberland Valley regions of Kentucky.
- March 19, 2021: Nominations Due
- April 8, 2021: Finalists Notified
- April 22, 2021: Winner and Finalists Announced on Earth Day at the UK Virtual John P. Wyatt Symposium
Click here to download the flier.
Contact Kelly Kennoy at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 323-4587.